Tasting - Free Reign

 


Name: Free Reign 

Grape Variety: 

Country: United States

Region: California

Vintage Year: NA

Price: $6.99

Review: This wine was dry compared to other rose I have had. It definitely had lots of tannins as it really made my mouth pucker. The wine actually physically dried out my mouth as I drank it and left me craving water by the time I finished my glass. I actually really did not like this wine at first, but after a couple sips I changed my mind. It is somewhat fruity, with hints of strawberry, watermelon, and green apple to give it a crisp finish, however, I think the floral flavors are much more prevalent. I chilled this wine before drinking it and I think that added to the crisp, refreshing flavor. Finally, I find it amusing the first thing the internet review says it pairs well with is quiche. What an interesting food to recognize it tastes well with. 






Comments